Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day !

Well, today is "the day!" Yesterday, we spent the day together as a family and went to the Dallas World Aquarium. Then we stayed home and played a game of "Pirates of the Caribbean". It was fun to have the time together.

Philip took Damon out to purchase a gift, and he quickly came home to wrap it. He made me a homemade card that said "There's only one day like Mother's Day. A Day where you are appreciated."

I laugh now, because as I read it, it sounds like the only day I'll be appreciated is on Mother's Day, once a year! However, I know what he was trying to say! It was so cute. He couldn't wait for me to open his gift, so I opened it last night - he got me a beautiful necklace. It was blue topaz in the shape of a heart with "diamonds" and gold around it. He was so proud of himself. . . he continually asks if I liked his necklace. It was beautiful!

So later that evening, Philip went back to wrap my present from him. Damon begged to be let into the bedroom so that he could see what it was. Philip showed him - and as I was fixing dinner, Damon casually came around into the kitchen and asked, "Mom, is your cookbook all torn up and dirty?" I was very confused about this question and told him no. He left by saying, "Ok - I was just wondering." I remained confused, but dismissed the incident.

THEN it was time for me to open Philip's present . . . . guess what?! It had the shape of a book! Now Damon's question was starting to make more sense. . . . you see, I had a cookbook that I found a couple of weeks ago that I really wanted - but I wanted to wait until it went on sale since it was like $40. So, now Damon's question started to make a little more sense.

Yes, it was the cookbook that I wanted - so I was excited to get that . . . . . I cook a full-fledged dinner every night, so I'm always looking for new recipes. Yea!

We went to church this morning, and Mom got to spend her Mother's Day doing absolutley NOTHING! Came home, ate lunch, and I got to take a nap! Tonight, we will be going out to dinner to Abuelo's Mexican Restaurant. Yumm!



And just an addition . . . . since I've been writing this Blog, Damon has heard the call of the Ice Cream Man - he went out with his own money and bought ice cream . . . . and brought something back for me "because it was Mother's Day." This is really the first Mother's Day that he has totally been over the edge about it . . . it's really cute to see his excitement. I think because he's doing everything on his own, he's totally into it. Funny.

Happy Mother's Day everyone! I'll leave you with these little quips about being a woman:



I know what Victoria's Secret is.
The secret is that nobody older than 30 can fit into their stuff.


The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then,
your body and your fat are really good friends.


Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.


Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.


I gave up jogging for my health.
My thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.


Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks two sizes!

Skinny people irritate me!

Especially when they say things like, "You know, sometimes I just forget to eat."


Now I've forgotten my address, mymother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat.


A friend of mine confused her valium with her birth control pills.
She had 14 kids, but she doesn't really care.


The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing
and then they marry him!


I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are:
eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast.
Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day.

No comments: