Sunday, May 6, 2007

Celebrating Our Anniversary

5 years together. . . . WOW. I can remember it all like it was yesterday. The day we got married, our honeymoon, and the years since then.

I have a wonderful husband. Many women have stated their jealousy and wishes that they had a husband like him. And yes, I do brag!

We have definitely put our wedding vows to the test over the past years with car wrecks, cancer diagnosis, chemotherapy, and various surgeries. We've had our scary moments and wondered what was else was in store for us (although we didn't really want to know!)

Through it all, my husband has been my source of strength, my love, and my knight in shining armor. He has stood like an Oak through all my tears during my illness and treatments. He's been that level head that has kept me grounded during those scary moments, waiting on test results. He is the love of my life, and always will be. He is my knight in shining armor when I have been wronged - he goes off to fight for my honor and makes me feel so loved and cherished.

He not only gained a wife when we married, but he also gained a son. He became an instant father to a 5 year old and has done it with flying colors. They have had their moments over the past few years, but they have finally come to that understanding and are doing wonderfully.

A Poem . . . . .
The time is now, the day has finally come,
We've been married 5 years now, our time has just begun.
Five years worth of hugs and kisses is what I have treasured,
All this love you've given me can never ever be measured.
My love for you has grown deeper with each passing day,
I've thought of you in loving memories in every single way.
From that day when our lives came together,
To now 5 years later our love remains forever.
You give me purpose you give me strength,
Your love for me it has no length.
To wake beside you every morning,
To look into your eyes they're so adoring.
It's why I long to feel your touch,
It's why I love you so very much.
From now until that final year,
My heart is yours to keep my dear.

No comments: