Sunday, July 20, 2008

Let the MADNESS Begin . . . .

Well, Philip and I took advantage of Damon's absence this weekend. We spent all weekend moving furniture, etc. Damon's room is normally upstairs along with is playroom. However, with School about to begin (5 weeks total), I will be turning his large playroom into the "schoolroom."

So, some changes were needed. We moved the office from one of the downstairs bedrooms up into the loft area. Then, we moved Damon's bedroom down from the upstairs bedroom into the downstairs bedroom that used to be the office. Next, we moved the playroom out of the large room upstairs into Damon's "old" bedroom. Then, we had all the furniture, books, etc. to move into the "old playroom," or now, we call it the Schoolroom.

Anyone confused yet?!?!? HA HA!

Yes, it was quite the madhouse here this weekend. Thankfully, we didn't have any house showings - boy, they would have walked into a war zone! However, we did it, and were very proud of ourselves once it was complete.

My job, however, is far from being complete - I still have a room to settle, supplies to purchase, and lessons to plan. However, I believe that I will actually be at a stopping point a couple of weeks prior to school starting, so I will be able to have some BREATHING TIME before the school year begins.

Maybe a massage is in order . . . . . . . humm . . . . . definitely!!!!

Here are a few pictures of the madness that we created - these are the BEFORE pictures of the school room. . . . I'll post AFTER pictures when I'm done "being creative."













2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thought you looked tired yesterday. kc

Anonymous said...

If he didn't know about this, I'll bet Damon will be surprised when he gets home. Enjoy the rest of the summer, and have a good school year! Vicki