Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Classroom is FINISHED

Yea! I spent all week organizing and getting things laid out correctly, and we spent this weekend getting the chalkboard up on the wall. It finally looks like a classroom.

It's sooooooo nice to have somewhere quiet and "focused" to go in order to work on lesson planning, etc - a place where I have everything I need at my fingertips, without having to walk into other rooms in order to search for each piece! There is even a storage cabinet in the closet that contains all the beakers, test tubes, and other materials needed for his science experiments throughout the year.

I still have some lesson planning to do, and daily supplies (paper, pens, etc.) to purchase, but for the most part, I'm done! The hard part is over with. . . it will be smooth sailing from now on.

An environment rich for learning - he can "see it," he will "hear it," and he can "do it." Perfect.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely wonderful! And no divorce. Love it. KPC

ASC said...

Looks great! I am glad it all pulled together...and it all started with a FREE DESK! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is the best thing for you and him at this point. He is so blessed to have you for his mom. Vicki