Thursday, June 7, 2007

8 (Little known?) Facts About Me . . .

Well, I have been tagged by Amy to list 8 facts about myself.

Some of you may know some of these, but some may be new! Check it out . . . .

1) I am a breast cancer SURVIVOR. (since July 2005)

2) I have been certified in Child Passenger Safety. (Have a question about your little one? I'm your girl!)


3) I am related to our 15th President, James Buchanan.
(After reading about his Presidency, I'm not too sure that I should be very proud, but there you have it.)


4) I have been inside a medical helicopter (CareFlight). . . however, I don't remember it since I was unconcious. My daddy teases me that he paid good money for that, and I should at least remember SOMETHING!

5) I love to snow ski!

6) I'm a history buff - I love the Victorian age, the Renaissance and the Middle Ages. I love Civil War history and drag Philip to all the historical sites when we go on trips - I'm sure he just LOVES that! When we went to Murfreesboro, TN, we saw the Civil War battlegrounds and cemetery.. . . . I was so excited, showing him that "this" was where people died - wasn't it exciting that we were standing on that exact same ground where an actual battle took place hundreds of years ago?!?!?!? Apparently NOT in his mind. He just wanted to go.

7) I hate Beer - and can barely stomach wine. I make "funny faces" when I taste either.

8) I play the Clarinet - off and on for about 17 years, now. (solidly for the last 5 years)

9) I was the starting pitcher for our Fast-Pitch Softball team for 10 years. I was clocked at a pitching clinic during my Junior year of High School at 75 mph.


OK, OK - so I went over by one! I was having fun! Let's see, who's next? None of my friends are blogging. . . . so I guess this part will have to end with me.

Until Next time,
CHRISTY