Wednesday, August 27, 2008

School has begun . . . . . .


While I haven't had any of these days YET, I got quite a chuckle out of this little cartoon. I think I might just post it on our fridge . . . . . . I know these days will come periodically - I might as well be able to laugh at them (after I've dealt with the situation, of course!)

I don't understand how people can fit "homeschooling" into just a few hours a day. Maybe they are homeschooling smaller kiddos, and the work is not as in depth? Damon takes a full hour on each subject area, which makes our day just like a "regular school" day - we are there from 8-3 each day.

I always knew he had focusing issues, but is that what is really causing the longer hours on our end? Maybe . . . . . I guess it can account for him needing at least 30 minutes on an assignment. These, in most cases, are pretty short assignments - I teach him the material, then he has a "practice" session with it (either verbally or on paper) - and as it doesn't take long to teach the material, the rest of that allotted hour is spent with him "practicing" . . . . not that he doesn't understand it - he's mastered everything so far - it just takes FOREVER to get it out of him.

Glad we had the forethought to slot all the time we did for each subject area - looks as if we are going to need it!

HAPPY BACK TO SCHOOL, Everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remember that he was in school for that length of time, plus drive time taking and picking up. Then you were going over everything with him at home. This seems much more efficient to me, from my viewpoint anyway. Love to All! Vicki